Guest viewing is limited

Discuss noisey here in farnborough in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

I'd love to go to an air show. must put it on my list of things to do.

when I worked for JCB we were always being shaken as the company helicopter flew over the buildings when coming in to land. and once, JCB invited the military and a Chinook to come and carry a 3CX underneath the Chinook and fly around the village with it attached :yikes: awesome sight.

and the best sight I've ever seen was a Hercules flying low adjacent to the dual carriageway I was driving on to get home from work :hurray:

T

Time's Ran Out

One of the highlights of Sunderland - and I say this with a choking sound - is the airshow!
There is no airport or airfield but the action happens off the coast over the beach/sea and this is spectacular.
Saw a Harrier jump jet come in , stop in mid air, turn towards you, tip its nose down (as you do to people in Sunderland) then go up like a rocket!
The best bit of flying I have ever seen.

And by the way I'am only joking about the rivalary with Sunderland:yesnod:
No your not - yes I'am - no your not (we'll leave it there.)

S

SandyFloor

This really is a great day out if you have clear weather. I live close to Prestwick airport and they had full blown air shows years ago tho Farnborough must be the ultimate.

In past years we would get a concorde up for a fortnight for training of pilots and in that time just did circuits and bumps most of the day....beautiful graceful aircraft tho my brother had a workshop just past the end of the runway and when it took off on full throttle you really knew about it....incredible roar with roof tiles shaking.

We still get a lot of Galaxies and Antonovs in. Quite a sight to see them landing in strong crosswinds and the noise on taking off....you can imagine.

P

paulyoung666

One of the highlights of Sunderland - and I say this with a choking sound - is the airshow!
There is no airport or airfield but the action happens off the coast over the beach/sea and this is spectacular.
Saw a Harrier jump jet come in , stop in mid air, turn towards you, tip its nose down (as you do to people in Sunderland) then go up like a rocket!
The best bit of flying I have ever seen.

And by the way I'am only joking about the rivalary with Sunderland:yesnod:
No your not - yes I'am - no your not (we'll leave it there.)

with a bit of luck i will be there next sunday , highlights include the typhoon / harrier / red arrows and the mighty B-52 :yikes: , the red arrows are only there sunday this year though , mind you i will only be able to go sunday anyway :thumbsup:

U

united

with a bit of luck i will be there next sunday , highlights include the typhoon / harrier / red arrows and the mighty B-52 :yikes: , the red arrows are only there sunday this year though , mind you i will only be able to go sunday anyway :thumbsup:

I can often see it all from my front window :thumbsup:

Looks like the weather is going to be good this year so I might take a trip down

It's the biggest free airshow in Europe :thumbsup:

Reply to noisey here in farnborough in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've recently completed a two week course at uk pro tiling. Loved it and really want to...
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T
Morning chaps! I have been lurking on here for a while now, gathering bits of information and...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
  • Question
Okay so I'm going to start the ball rolling. I'd like the forum to be handy for all, including...
Replies
Views
M
I am tiling a shower surround (walls) in my basement and have installed the cement board and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
noisey here in farnborough
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.