UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Non-slip adhesive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

L B Oxford

So I was talking to a tiler on a bathroom job we been doing today and today was his 1st day there to begin tiling
and as he had finished setting out i asked him so now you will need some battens fixed up to the walls right?
according to him Bal white star is a non-slip adhesive so there is no need for battening up.
The walls have had a spread of hard wall on them and have been scratched to achieve a good key so the adhesive will just pull to the tiles to the wall. give them 10 mins to go off and then you are good to go.

Is this right and is there any special techniques for this method?

:huh2:

L

L B Oxford

you could post the job on here

looking for a wall and floor tiler

The customer got him in so I ain't got a say in it really and still its thier money so well see if it was well spent or not?

I would have give it a go myself I have some experience and I defo would of used a primer too.
But I really need to develop my speed as I take my time with tiling and sometimes get worried customers may get annoyed with the time it takes me to complete the job.

P

Pebbs

The customer got him in so I ain't got a say in it really and still its thier money so well see if it was well spent or not?

I would have give it a go myself I have some experience and I defo would of used a primer too.
But I really need to develop my speed as I take my time with tiling and sometimes get worried customers may get annoyed with the time it takes me to complete the job.

Why are you bothered so much LB? the customer employed the tiler, and if the customer is unhappy, then they will take it up with the said tiler. Are you employed on the job to something else? Leave the tiler alone, everyone has to learn by their own mistakes.

Pebbs

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Non-slip adhesive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I have recently laid around 30msq of porcelain floor tiles in our kitchen. The tiles have been...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.