Discuss Not happy with the builder !!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

simonb43

Started a job today, new conservatory with ' brand new floor ' Floor had ridges in from when the concrete was laid down, was of varying heights over the whole floor, 15m2, and serious low points in at least 2 locations. Spoke to builder who was aware of problems but told customer that his own tilers would have sorted it out, so i was expected to do the same. Just wasn't happy at all with the floor the way it was, hadn't been swept, old plaster on floor, 2 hrs spent cleaning it. Eventually told customer that it wasn't suitable for his marble tiles and it would need self levelling. Got told that i should have told him it was no good when i viewed the job !!!! It was still a building site and i assumed the floor would be sorted out for tiling. Getting sick of this now, happens far too often, would have walked if i could. Got the job of self levelling so earnt a bit more.
RANT OVER !!!

Reply to Not happy with the builder !!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So I got to a job yesterday downstairs wetroom floor with mains underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Not happy with the builder !!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.