Discuss Not tiling, but. Near enough. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Fitted some neuance boards from bushboard today, like I said not tiling, but same process.
these come with one side rounded off, so corners are neater. Customer wanted a shelf . This meant a three sided corner, so I used the profiled edges on the long sides and mitred the short angle.

wouldn't fancy fitting this stuff everyday as one mistake and it's buggered!

The boards are (allegedly) fully waterproof! So no internal trims are needed. You just butt joint everything with their coloured adhesive.
The edges are easily chipped, but overall seems a good product.

pic of bath to shower swap. Just needs screen and heads to go on tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 54

STEVO

TF
stockport
We did an ensuite in that stuff few weeks ago. new built room into a bedroom, no windows.
Fitted together well and thought it looked nice. Customer chose a travertine style look a like.
You just have to be careful how you handle the boards, especially dont drop them!!
They cut really easy with a nice new sharp saw! We did find though that some pieces struggled to slot together, so we clicked on an off cut and gently used that as a knocking stick!!

On another note, anyone fitted these resin shower boards? Did one couple of weeks ago. Just two boards to fit into a corner quadrant. Wondered how to cut them at first, but then sussed out
that a nice sharp blade (marcrist ck850) on the grinder went thru like knife thru butter!
Quite a bit of weight in them and bulky to handle, so probably a 2 man job.
As normal walls where sticking them need to be flat and level as you only glue them up with silly or no more nails, so ya cant be packing that out!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Not tiling, but. Near enough. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
We now have a professional tiler in attempting to tile a wall up to an external corner where he...
Replies
Views
I'm taking on my first tiling job in my utility room. Planning to just tile around the worktop...
Replies
Views
Low level access shower with heat sealed vinyl floor being laid. Walls not prepared as...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB