nvq

Search the forum,

Discuss nvq in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Johnftd

Do you have to be working on a construction site to gain an nvq or can you do an nvq while doing only domestic work.

D

Dicko1973

Yes you can get an NVQ doin domestics. As far as I know you'll get an on site assessor who will come to visit you where ever you are.

T

tysfoot

how much does this cost, how long does it take....Whats the benefit of getting an NVQ if you know you good enough anyway

F

Fekin

how much does this cost, how long does it take....Whats the benefit of getting an NVQ if you know you good enough anyway

If your only ever going to do domestic work, and the law dose not change then in my view, no point what-so-ever, unless you want an expensive piece of paper, where as the law is changing "I think in a few years" and your going to need an NVQ of some sort to get a site card.

C

ChaseTiling

An NVQ in Tiling can be acheived anywhere where you are fixing tiles as part of your job. :)

An NVQ can be acheived quickly by the OSAT route, where you will need 3 years experience if you have no accredited training. This includes self taught skills. The CITB only recognise accredited construction training from CITB accredited training schools & colleges. It takes 12 weeks to get an NVQ by doing this route.

Another way is to go the ICA route, where you will get an ICA (Intermediate Construction Award) in Tiling, then go straight onto your NVQ. You can get your NVQ in as little as 26 weeks by taking this route.

Costs are between £550 - £650, depending on the college / centre you choose. Funding is available for eligeable persons (see the funding threads I have put on here).

We get calls daily from 'old skool' tilers biting the bullet and having to do their NVQ, as they are losing out to ones that are getting ahead of the game and getting it before 2010.

This fact is more and more common in domestic tilers too, where NVQ qualified tilers are being preffered by Mrs Smith to do the work for them. This is thanks to TV shows like rogue traders that are informing the public to choose qualified people to do their home improvements.

The question you should asking yourself is -

'What have I got to lose by doing my NVQ and getting the industry trade qualification?'

Best Regards
Chase Tiling Academy

J

Johnftd

Thanks for the quick replies,just wasn`t sure if you had to work on a construction site or not

Reply to nvq in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey all I have just found out that Chris Emery from Schlüter-Systems Ltd will be at Tileflair...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Nice forum you have here. Seems very helpful. I have some work coming up soon so will post in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen