UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Off to the doctors today in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Just finished a job, that I used 35kg kerapoxy grout. I was careful, and wore rubber gloves, read the saftey sheet, and if I got any on my uncovered parts, I washed it off straight away. Well yesterday I started to ictch a bit here and there, and this morning I have a swollen eye, rash all up my fore arms, and on my knees and neck.

So I'm off to the docs this morning, but just a warning, when you use this sort of product, cover up as much as possible, even when washing the floor down try to keep yourself out of contact with this stuff.

Been to the doc's, appartently its erythema, quite a bad dose of it too. Been told to take Peritin, and it should be ok, in about a week. But if my lips or tounge start to swell up, or any difficulty breathing, then I have to go straight to A&E, as it might be the start of something I cant even pronouce, let alone spell, but it could be fatal.

So my first experience with epoxy grout, is my last

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hope you get better soon mate. I take piriton daily as I seem to randomly get hayfever these days since I had that damn polyp a couple of years ago. Never had hayfever in my life but seem to come out in a bit of a rash on my arms like I've scrubbed them with nettles and I can be in tears and sneeze randomly. Not sure why but it doesn't always do it. But just for the hell of it I take the tablets daily because when I do get it it's a pain in the arse I can't even drive my eyes water so much sometimes.

I'm sure you'll be sound now you're not touching it again though.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Off to the doctors today in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Did a quote last night. When customer opened front door I was nearly knocked back with the...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
Bit of a strange subject title for a tiling forum, but that’s what I’ve had for the past 10...
Replies
Views
Russell brown
R
Posted this on the plumbers forum too. Every bathroom I do, I always allow for a skip. They...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
I broke a tile today. So what, I hear you ask! The tile was 3m x1m :yikes:. It sort of took off...
Replies
Views
Q
Apologies if this has even posted before, I just had to share it!! This is a story about a...
Replies
Views
RDTiling
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.