Guest viewing is limited

Discuss ohhhhh no no no..........im off in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stevee

went to look at a largish job last night, massive listed house, 2 bathrooms ,utility and kitchen,lovely jubbly i thought

got there to be told the builder who plastered the walls had ballsed up the tiling, vitrified tiles £15 each,in the shower area, and he wants em ripped off ,5 mteres worth

it was pretty good,let me tell you:hurray:

customer ran his finger over the ungrouted join and said ,feel that lip.

i felt hardly anything!!!! ,in the corner ,he said ,these cuts arent very straight and theres chipping........i saw a nice 2mm gap ,not perfectly uniform but nice enough to be hidden with sealant,by this time im thinking....mmmmmmmm

the clincher was when he said he wanted ufh, i thought he`s gonna be on his hands & knees feeling for minute steps, and charging me for ripping up and replacing tiles/ufh

so i did my boots and belt up tight and said, im not your man,that tilings pretty good ect......

he said so what is it , me being too fussy?

nicely i said well yes,but i dont blame u in a house like this and the cost of your tiles,advised him to google tile tolerances ect....

but im convinced ive avoided a shed load of grief there...............,steve

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The D

went to look at a largish job last night, massive listed house, 2 bathrooms ,utility and kitchen,lovely jubbly i thought

got there to be told the builder who plastered the walls had ballsed up the tiling, vitrified tiles £15 each,in the shower area, and he wants em ripped off ,5 mteres worth

it was pretty good,let me tell you:hurray:

customer ran his finger over the ungrouted join and said ,feel that lip.

i felt hardly anything!!!! ,in the corner ,he said ,these cuts arent very straight and theres chipping........i saw a nice 2mm gap ,not perfectly uniform but nice enough to be hidden with sealant,by this time im thinking....mmmmmmmm

the clincher was when he said he wanted ufh, i thought he`s gonna be on his hands & knees feeling for minute steps, and charging me for ripping up and replacing tiles/ufh

so i did my boots and belt up tight and said, im not your man,that tilings pretty good ect......

he said so what is it , me being too fussy?

nicely i said well yes,but i dont blame u in a house like this and the cost of your tiles,advised him to google tile tolerances ect....

but im convinced ive avoided a shed load of grief there...............,steve
good man:thumbsup:

D

davy_G

Ive a mate who is a joiner, and a very good one, very perticular. Hes done a fair bit of work for me and raher than make something fit or make do, he will drive to get a new bit of wood. The type of guy who doesnt advertise.
Well he was telling me he was doing a local extension and although the customer interferred with alot of 'advice' they hadnt been too bad till it came to fitting the skirting board. My mate was told he was 'doing it wrong' and should be like this etc'. Now my mate had put on Km's of skirting in his lifetime and tried as best as possible to point out the flaws in doing it the way the customer wanted. now the bit that gets me is how can you put skirting on wrongly in the firstplace...but anyway.
My firend stuck it out, hating going to work as he got nagged at every day and edventually pleased the customer and got paid.
That said customer is now on all our phones as 'dont answer ever'.
Some customers are just not worth having....but there are plenty of good ones buying us a fry and bringing brews:hurray:

Reply to ohhhhh no no no..........im off in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
ohhhhh no no no..........im off
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.