Discuss Old Newspapers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Removing some old plaster from a ceiling/wall in a bathroom and saw an old newspaper, grabbed it and it was very fragile but took some photos....19th December 1939

Old Newspaper 001.jpg Old Newspaper 002.jpg Old Newspaper 003.jpg Old Newspaper 005.jpg Old Newspaper 007.jpg

O

On one

Many years ago I was doing some plastering to a bay window in a farmhouse we were living in at the time. On ripping out the old plaster the internal corner was filled with a bundle of rolled up papers. These turned out to flyers for a musical concert in the local village hall,these had a dd/mm but no year. On handing on to the Village Hall they were later able to find out that they dated from the 1860's, so having bodgers about isn't something new!!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Old Newspapers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm part re-tiling/plastering a bathroom, which as the pictures show, has masonary to...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I’m in the process of removing the old tiles from my bathroom wall before...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB