Discuss one for gisela in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

Here is a thread for Gisela, I took these in October when your friend Saad was over doing his mosaic course I was hoping to attend but didnt get the chance through work commitments ,these pictures are of a mosaic mural from the Coptic cathederal of St,George which is here in stevenage the mural depicts St,Anthony and was done by an egyptian mosaic artist not sure of his name ,hope you like them:thumbsup:

U

user123

OH, thanks Gary, they are pretty, aren't they? Looks like the N. Riad could be a Nathan Riad, rings a vague bell, Nathan being a very common Christian Egyptian name. The coptic art is always kind of primitive and charming, very honest, almost like a childrens' book style, and achieved without complicated cuts which I really admire - thanks for thinking of me! Saad has not recovered from his flu at all, he's had it for weeks and has lost his voice, too, he's pretty miserable, but I will send him the link and see if he can take a look next time he's online, I am sure he'll be glad of the mention - especially after the Christmas bombing at the Coptic Church in Alexandria :( It is getting less and less safe for Christians in Egypt... :( This is lovely :)

U

user123

Its always a little humbling to see work like this. Not sure I could even manage to create such dramatic images, and I did A level Art! Really though it would take me a year to produce one such mosaic. Guess you professional mosaic tilers knock one of these up in a day and a half!

Ehm, NO!! :lol: People have NO idea how long it all takes.... no idea...

Reply to one for gisela in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Alright Everyone! Hope you're all :) We have our first Halloween Competition! THE GHOULISH...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
D
Hi, Been lurking around the forum for the last couple of days and began to feel a bit...
Replies
Views
D
Mesmerizing mosaics Well done Gisela and a big thanks to Jobeth from Tile Uk for doing this...
Replies
Views
hillhead
H
U
Just look at this - that's his workshop I have spent most of my time in Cairo in... oohhh...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
one for gisela
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.