Discuss One House and 2 Consumer units needed by LL, need help with circuits Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

One House and 2 Consumer units needed by LL, need help with circuits Discussion ThreadOne House and 2 Consumer units needed by LL, need help with circuits Electrical Advice

Hi
I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs.

As the property is going through refurbishing and rewiring is needed but LL has asked me to install two consumer units so basically divide supply using henly blocks and supply the up with one consumer unit and down with another.

As the upstairs family will have loft where there is small bathroom just light and extractor fan and room will have light and a switch and another room in loft has open small kitchen. So customer has asked me to install 6 sockets in one room of loft and 8 sockets in another . The first floor would also be part of family that lives upstairs and also have small bathroom and has 3 rooms so basically just needs standard 4/5 sockets in each room.
The family upstairs will be using basic kitchen appliances such as microwave, kettle , fridge and laundry.
There wont be any any electrical cooker or shower like that.
The same settings will go downstairs besides it has only 3 rooms and and a bath and open kitchen like above .

My question is I am abit sceptical about using 32A ring for small kitchen as I want to put rest of the loft and upstairs on one ring socket circuit but for kitchen I would be putting no cooker circuit but one radial 20 As but unsure if this is a good idea as if I put 32 A ring in kitchen too that might add too many circuits such as

Upstairs sockets 32A
Upstairs Kitchen 32A
upstairs Lights 6A
------------------
Downstairs sockets 32A
downstairs Kitchen 32A
Downstairs Lights 6A
-------------------------

so even if I do demand and diversity such as for kitchen using 30% rule that makes 16.6A for kitchen upstairs and 16.6A for kitchen downstairs and remaining 40% should look ok but I am still sceptical about whether I should install Radial 20A in the Kitchen to bring down the load or what should I do in this situation.

Has anyone else had installed 20A radial in an open small kitchen and worked well? Thanks for...

Read more

One House and 2 Consumer units needed by LL, need help with circuits for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to One House and 2 Consumer units needed by LL, need help with circuits Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
One House and 2 Consumer units needed by LL, need help with circuits Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond