Currently reading:
UK One of new floor tile is making a random clicking noise

While we have you, why don't you checkout our Plumbing Advice forum PlumbersForums.net

Discuss One of new floor tile is making a random clicking noise in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

UK
450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes makes a clicking noise.

We have wooden floor in the bathroom and tiler put the Becker boards with screws and put some liquid/paint on Becker board for waterproof and then used adhesive for tiles.

I was wondering if only that one tile needs to be removed and then put it back with more adhesive?

Attachments

• 38DD88DE-61F9-4927-A980-26160FC3B9BC.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 10

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
A clicking noise isn't good. Usually means you're hearing movement. Hopefully not adhesive crumbling up. Do you know what make backer board were used and what make tile adhesive was used? Any bags still knocking around or receipt for the tiles have it on by chance?

(Welcome to the forum by the way)

450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes makes a clicking noise.

We have wooden floor in the bathroom and tiler put the Becker boards with screws and put some liquid/paint on Becker board for waterproof and then used adhesive for tiles.

I was wondering if only that one tile needs to be removed and then put it back with more adhesive?
It means something

Reply to One of new floor tile is making a random clicking noise in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for tiling.I have removed the floor boards and plan to lay 18mm WBP plywood.The question is, what...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds. Chunks of what i assume is self leveller or maybe screed (?) came up with them. Left with Concrete...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m putting down 800x800x10mm porcelain floor tiles. Floor area is 2m x 2.7m, 18mm chipboard. I added loads...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them professionally laid. At the time I asked if they needed sealing. The tiler told me since they were...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

TF on Facebook

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.

Thanks for visiting the original Tilers Community.