Discuss one trowel for all walls or do you have to deffer them? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr T

lol not at all mate im here asking questions because that's what this sites here for... im doing voluntary work with an established pro tiler and he is even saying I need to get my own small jobs as ive managed to pick it up quickly and the reason im coming up with these questions is so if the situation arises I already have a rough idea of what is or needs to be done.

- - - Updated - - -

and also other people reading the threads may be helped by my questions.

lol not at all mate im here asking questions because that's what this sites here for... im doing voluntary work with an established pro tiler and he is even saying I need to get my own small jobs as ive managed to pick it up quickly and the reason im coming up with these questions is so if the situation arises I already have a rough idea of what is or needs to be done.

- - - Updated - - -

and also other people reading the threads may be helped by my questions.

Thanks for answering :)

If you're working voluntary wth a Pro, does he not let you have a small wall, or window reveal, or maybe a 1-2mtr floor to do by yourself under his supervision? or has that stage been passed?

how about you ask him for the next small job he gets to be passed to you to manage - under his supervision, he can always check and advise you. But you'll be responisble from start to finish. If I had a lad thats what I'd do (that way I can still take the payment!!)

M

Mr T

martyn i couldn't agree more mate... thing is i don't think i have the speed he needs the job done at but at the same time i feel i need to get my hands on the trowel too i do all the grouting once tiles am set but i masterd that the first time i done it. the worst thing is im on the dhole and hes just turned around and told me the next 2 weeks theres no work so im not gonna be learning lol

A

AMtek

I would just pick up the trowels you need as you need them

6mm smaller wall tiles (not mosaic)
8mm larger wall tiles
10mm large format and natural stone on the wall
12mm most floor tiles

Those are generally the sizes i would use for those tiles on decent walls and floors but there are exeptions.

Other trowels you will need on 99% of jobs
Bucket trowel
Margin trowel
Gauging trowel

You will be much better off always buying stainless steel trowels as you will get more life out of them

Another thing that will massively extend the lifetime of any tool is to clean it spotlessly clean after every use

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to one trowel for all walls or do you have to deffer them? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Some adhesives give info (not seemingly Mapei). I think the Mapei Standard Set Plus would suit...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to...
Replies
Views
PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling Don’t listen to that idiot...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB