Search the forum,

Discuss only had my L200 2 weeks and written off!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

yep Ed, but not dwelling on it now, (the "ifs and buts"), but I hear what you're saying mate:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

should be getting a courtesy truck this afternoon, so back to work tomorrow hopefully:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

***UPDATE*** my truck is going to be repaired, not written off:hurray::hurray::hurray:, been having probs getting a courtesy truck off insurance fleet, so repair garage is sorting me one out while mine's out of action (probs about 3 weeks):hurray:

D

Deleted member 9966

That's good news then. Are they starting the job asap?

when my corsa had it's rear quarter repaired it went on for weeks. at first they couldn't get the parts, then they forgot to book the car in at the same time as the courtesy car and so on. in the end, when it was all booked in, they still didn't request the parts on time and a 4 day repair took 10 days in the end. I even turned up unannounced at the repair centre to check on their progress and wasn't happy with the work they'd done so far so they had to re-do it.

don't let them fob you off on anything Doug. always keep track of what they're doing and write down the date of when they committed/agreed to something so they can't backtrack on it.

D

doug boardley

Repair shop said that because they'll be using genuine Mitsi parts there will be a lag, but that's fine with me as they're providing me with a like for like vehicle in the meantime:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

hmm still no sign of it yet tho' Mark, so will mean another missed work day tomorrow, tbh I think they're waiting till they get confirmation from the police that it's a "no fault claim"

T

terrygrant

The fund that pays out for uninsured driveres is the MiB (it is there for completely uninsured drivers to compensate people who suffer personal injury when the other driver does a runner. Their website is not very clear but this link explains things fairly well Broken Link Removed you should have no reason to worry in the long run, you will claim on her insurance and they will pay out...however if she owns her own home then they may well pursue her for the money which may reasure you that theres justice ....sometimes.

Good luck

Terry
(wifes a lawyer :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

well another hectic day, had to give accident details to courtesy vehicle company, they checked her insurance and they said that it was an "oncoming collision". So I phoned the police to see if witness statements had been collected and sent but as both officers were on rest days mon/tues witness statements hadn't been gathered formally. However, police officer told me that she failed a later breath test and had been formally charged with DD, also if she'd told her insurance that it was an oncoming crash she would likely get done for perjury too.
I phoned the repair garage up and they said that they'd re-assesed the damage to my vehicle after having it on the ramps and that it would probs be written off due to the drive shaft being displaced. (I was gutted) So I phoned them up at 3:30 and they told me that they'd agreed to repair it and that the cost would be in excess of £5.5k(Phew!).
Got a transit delivered off courtesy hire so going back to work tomorrow. My head is spinning with all the phone calls etc so just gonna be glad to get back to work for a break from it all:thumbsup:

Reply to only had my L200 2 weeks and written off!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen