Search the forum,

Discuss Ordinary Kerapoxy Curing/Setting/Hardening Time in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mikeyy

Thanks for all your advise guys! It's now been nearly four days since I used the Kerapoxy and it is now as hard as rock though probably not "chemical resistant" for another three days. I don't know exactly what chemical resistant means but I don't plan on pouring any solvents on to it anyway!

For someone that has never used Kerapoxy before it is quite confusing in my opinion. The instructions make out that you must get your whole job done with it within 45 minutes and they really emphasise that - therefore you are expecting the stuff to be hard within an hour which is completely not the case. It is "workable" for 45 minutes meaning that after 45 minutes it will be exceedingly difficult to grout with it properly because it goes very slightly tacky and therefore you cannot smooth the grout lines without tearing the stuff up and it will look a mess.

I was concerned initially because after 6 hours the stuff was still as soft as freshly chewed chewing gum and even after 12 hours it was only a little stiffer. However, after 24 hours it's like an extremely dense fudge. After a couple of days you can no longer press your nail into it and after 3 days it's like a rock.

Hope my experience with it helps anyone out there!
👍thank you very much! I had exactly the same wondering and question.

Reply to Ordinary Kerapoxy Curing/Setting/Hardening Time in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen