Discuss Other Craftsmen at work take a look!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peckers

I turned up on an old stately home 2 weeks ago to start tiling and it wasn't ready in fact its still not ready too start tiling so I have been painting and helping other tradesmen with there prep work etc!
I have met some really nice blokes and they are True craftsman in there own trades. I am amazed at how much work has gone into restoring this very old wonderful property from the painting and effects, to the repairs of the old cornice and ceiling roses, and to the complete re-make of new cornice and ceiling roses just how they were done originally, and to the gold leaf that is being put around and to the ageing affect that they are adding to the new work to make it look like its been there for years!

This work really interests me and they are really talented! I have been helping them with the basic stuff as they won't let me loose on the fancy stuff:thumbsdown: But i dont blame them. I hope you enjoy the pics and even though none of them are a finished item yet it just shows what goes into it all.

Enjoy...

I uploaded them in order but it hasn't come out like it. but you will get the jist off it..

Attachments

• DSCF2560.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 020.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 032.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 018.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF2558.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 030.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 52
  • 006.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 014.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 009.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 008.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF2559.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 012.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 031.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 015.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF2556.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 004.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF2557.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited by a moderator:
P

peckers

Will look abso stunning once complete..

What tile type are they going to use..?

I cant give too much away at this stage dave but in the bathroom there is a mixture off stone and glass its going from a roman theme and as it goes around the room it changes threw too a contemporary theme. It is going to be amazing assured by the interior designer! I still cant get my head around how the change from one theme to the other will work. But if you look at the designs seperatly each area is amazing its just the transition from one to the other i cant get my head around!
I cant wait to get my teeth into it! Only a few more days and the the gear should be here and the other trades will be outta my bathroom!

Then theres the kitchen floor to do which is in Jerusalem stone. And then the outside but they are still undecided what to put out there.

This might sound like im loopy but i really cant wait to start :drool5:

Reply to Other Craftsmen at work take a look!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Other Craftsmen at work take a look!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.