Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Out Of Date Grout From High End Tile Shop. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
All I needed was half an egg cup of Weber Joint pro Jasmine grout.

After asking if there were any split bags - No. I then paid for a full bag. Got back to my job and started mixing it. The dry grout was very lumpy (like it was old or had been subjected to frost).

I looked at the bag (Sept'13) !! WHAT!!!!! This is from a very high end tile shop in West London.

I had enough grout for what I needed it for, but I took the bag back to the shop. They said that the grout was ok because that date is the date of manufacture and it has a shelf life of 6 years! I went into their store room and saw they had grout with dates of 2009. They wanted to exchange the bag for another bag that was manufactured in 2013.....No no no, i'm having a bag of grey with a date of 2016. They did not want to give me at first because they said it was a different price, but I got it in the end.

I don't usually check dates on bags but now I will.

I

Italy

my, fresher very .
the end of the world. year 2011 ahah

image.jpeg

Reply to Out Of Date Grout From High End Tile Shop. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Sean Kelly

Arms
TF
Ruislip

Thread Information

Title
Out Of Date Grout From High End Tile Shop.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond