Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Outdoor tiling advise 😧 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi welcome aboard, you could do with using a self-levelling compound first to bring the floor up a bit. Then use a thick bed trowel but also back-butter each tile as you lay it. That should overcome the height.

You could even self level, anti-crack matt (Schluter Ditra for e.g) then tile with back butter and that would give you one more layer than doing it without the matt.

Could do with testing it on a small area first to make sure the height can be matched.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Hi welcome aboard, you could do with using a self-levelling compound first to bring the floor up a bit. Then use a thick bed trowel but also back-butter each tile as you lay it. That should overcome the height.

You could even self level, anti-crack matt (Schluter Ditra for e.g) then tile with back butter and that would give you one more layer than doing it without the matt.

Could do with testing it on a small area first to make sure the height can be matched.
No self levelling outside, not in the uk that is.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Hey guys,
I'm going to tile the patio and need my new porcelain tiles (10mm) to meet up with the the existing pool tiles 30mm.
What's the highest I can lift the tiles using glue without hindering the overall integrity of the tiles? And how do I do it if it's possible?

Thanks in advance legends!
Can you get the 22mm out door porcelain in Oz ?

Reply to Outdoor tiling advise 😧 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’m new to Tile Forum and joined to get professional opinions because I really need...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi there I ordered 160sqm of 90cm x 90cms of matching Large Format Porcelain tiles. 105sqm for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Australia
What member type are you?
  1. Homeowner
  2. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Na

Thread Information

Title
Outdoor tiling advise 😧
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 26 29.9%