Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss over head cutter advice please in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

O

oldgit

ive got a job coming up for around 150mts of terracotta about 25mm thick.
ive never owned a overhead cutter and only used them on site,but i want to buy a cheapo thats capable of seeing this job out,the tiles are 300x300 so this will keep the cost down.
what would be the minimum wattage i should look for,ive seen some screwfix ones and topps ones but aint really got a clue about them well not the cheap one anyway.
im doing the job on daywork and the cost of the cutter will be passed on to the punter,please dont mention angle grinders as im not going down that road.
im thinking of cutting in say 3 or 4mm the tapping them apart dont see why that wont work,it will save the blade and time and stop the terra getting to soaked.
opinions please..........

O

oldgit

terracotta,s so soft out will cut them
your right but pushing them threw a plate cutter saturates them and will take much longer,as i said its daywork and i aint ballsing my cutter doing this job the punter has agreed to pay the cost or hire of a cutter,but the hire prices are ridiculous so im thinking as there small tiles i will get one fairly cheap as people want the longer cutters now as a lot of stone is longer.
also they dont need wet cutting they just need a deep scribe then tap and they snap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to over head cutter advice please in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, DIY home owner here in need of advice. Following a waste pipe leak that's now been fixed...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
over head cutter advice please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • BAL

Votes: 26 30.2%