UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss paint on tanking or the rolls of adhesive for ground floor concrete wetroom? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

halfbat

hello tilers, just getting all my materials together for my wetroom floor and was wondering weather to go with a paint on liquid tanking or the rolls of adhesive dpm. Its a ground floor concrete base with a 150w ufh mat to go on, the shower area will have a screen to stop me toilet roll getting soaked so is it advisable to tank the whole room 1400mmx2150mm or just the shower area? also as I'm forming the slope with my screed and slc any advice on what trap to use?
cheers folks

M

Mike Mike

Hello HalfBat, I would advise a membrane system for tanking, and a Purus drain because they have the best klämring design (compression fit, no screws).

Tank the whole floor, and take it 10 cm up the walls. Tank the walls in the shower area + 1m either side of the shower area. If the shower area is on an outside wall then tank that entire wall.

If you follow those principles then you won't have any problems.

Good luck!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to paint on tanking or the rolls of adhesive for ground floor concrete wetroom? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.