Discuss People try it on(especially builders) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
We can debate pricing if you want,although the topic wasnt about that :thumbsup:

The reason for the price which may seem high to some,was while its a big area there is a lot of work involved theres four columns to cut round,an bar which runs on the angle loads of little niches to cut into an entrance way and two bay windows so a lot of work setting out cutting etc infact the thirty metres i laid on saturday was the easiest part of the job,was in yesterday and today and probably only done half that,hence the price.:thumbsup:

P

Pebbs

Did you ask him why his other tiler left?

Have you arranged a deposit/stage payments?

Have you sorted who's paying the tax as you are sub-contracting?

Sounds like it might end in tears to me this one. Hope not.

Id be wacking that all in on one application, the reason being this, you put it through on two applications your going to have to fight twice to get paid. On the second application they will try and knock you, because that is the nature of the beast.

They will also deduct the 20% if your not on gross status with HMRC, but you can claim that back, make sure you have your certificate to hand or they could deduct 30%.

Lynn

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
I am the main (tiling) contractor so its down to me to sort tax out,the reason i got a part payment was because i had never worked for him before,and from what i can gather while he is a nuiscance he always pays.

Am not the only trade he has tried it on with ,the guys on site have told me he does that but then always pays(same as all builders i have ever worked for),they try and find a chink in your armour and if it works they are quids in,am too long in the tooth to fall for that crap,first cheque has cleared today ,dont forsee a problem.

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
I never said i charged him £33m2,regardless of what the price is and regardless of what area its in ,i charged what the job was worth if it works out at £33m2 then so be it,but the job will take me longer than a 105m2 straight room will,so i gave him a price based on what it was worth for me to do the job and how long it will take ,the way its panning out i will have priced it cheapily.

I never went in saying am charging him £33m2 and the topic was about his cheek not my price, am not telling you guys how much i price in the future
:lol:

Reply to People try it on(especially builders) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

mz30

Arms
TF
liverpool

Thread Information

Title
People try it on(especially builders)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.