Discuss Perfect level master in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

GoneGuy

I’m not experienced enough with clips to know what a bad system is. The Premtool I use just works so I have no plans on changing. I suppose I’ve mainly used them on Porc though. Do some systems chip ceramic tiles when you knock the wedges off?
Best way to prevent any chips is to use a smaller clip and tile spacer. And also keep the joints clean as possible

I’m not experienced enough with clips to know what a bad system is. The Premtool I use just works so I have no plans on changing. I suppose I’ve mainly used them on Porc though. Do some systems chip ceramic tiles when you knock the wedges off?
Not had chipping with RLS but they do sometimes snap off part way through the joint instead of at the base and can be difficult to break the remaining stub off, if your not extremely careful you can chip a tile in the process, don't ask how I know!
On the whole, very happy with the system and I did a lot of research before buying them.
They help on the respect of holding a joint where yiu want it, but I have found that as you tighten them with the pliers, they slightly pl the opposite edge off the wall and you need to compensate.
Maybe as others have said, not using the wedges so tight or even just hand tight may be the answer?

Push the wedge in towards the already fixed tiles and it won't open the joint up..
And while we're on the subject anything more than 4pence a clip for a little chunk of non biodegradable plastic is expensive imo..
That's what I do and with the RLS I have found as well as pulling the tile.off slightly, it opens the joint, even though the wedge should be pulling it down to the fixed tiles, I find it strange?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Perfect level master in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Has anyone done any work like this? We are having a pvc door removed between dining and utility...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB