Discuss Permanent increase in VAT to 20% in just a few days - Diamond Core Drills Tile bits in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

Please remember that there will be a permenent increase in VAT to 20% within a few days time so if you are considering any purchases for next year then now is the time to do it.

Our diamond core tile drills for very hard tiles have become a toolbox essential item.

155036_462410132013_617362013_5626987_7675805_n.jpg

Our diamond core drills are now a toolbox essential item for tilers, plumbers, builders & installers.

163262_462413292013_617362013_5627029_941213_n.jpg

ALL BATHROOMS need holes from the small rawl plug sizes to the larger service pipes. And even items like shower valves (see above) are common requirements.

If you believe that at some point in the new year that you will have to drill holes in tiles then it may be best to consider your purchase this side of the new year.

Once we hit 2011 the VAT rise will be permanent and in line with all other manufactures this cost will have to passed on somehow. Whilst we personally have not yet decided how to incorporate these costs one thing you can be 100% certain of.... The price will not be going down!

58475_419044292013_617362013_4902480_6793877_n.jpg

Even the company Limo is costing more to fill up. It used to be £16 for a full tank and that has now shot up to an eye watering £23 a tank. Thats a rise of £7 in 2 years.

car8.jpg

The cost of filling up the Limo is an eye watering £23 a tank today

My advice is to take advantage NOW of anything you can get this side of the new year.

154385_461806922013_617362013_5617718_1815378_n.jpg

Complete Kit of diamond core drill bits for very hard tiles.

P

Prem Tiler

Re: Permanent increase in VAT to 20% in just a few days - Diamond Core Drills Tile bi

PMSL!

On money box live one day this week they were talking about how most retailers will be sticking a couple of % on to prices over the top of the 2.5% they will be adding to there VAT charges in Jan.

Well you guys be doing this also?

This is not to dissimiler to what the Euro zone countrys did when they got the conversion. Do you remember the days when on a europen holiday you could have a 2 course meal for 4 for around £5.

I dread to think how I will cope in 2012 if I have to got VAT reg. I very much doubt my customers will swallow it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Re: Permanent increase in VAT to 20% in just a few days - Diamond Core Drills Tile bi

I tell you what Lynn, Richard's drills were seen to be too cheap for a very long time. Even recently Richard posted a thread regarding retailers asking for a more expensive setup/kit/version or whatever they were hinting at. Even deborah meaden from the dragon's den told him to up the prices by 25% (on the £49 set) when he went on there.

They're sound drills and can be charged per job for the average tiler (perhaps not in your case with it being more labour only) but I'm sure you'd see savings over and above the usual top-end kits.

Anddddddd..... if it means anything these days (and it really does to me) the whole process is carried out in the UK. Every stage of the manufacturing, packaging, marketing (largely richard himself at shows and even online/offline generally) to the delivery is done by private UK firms. Though if the Royal Mail get bought out by a foreign investor then that part will perhaps be slightly foreign.

That said I pay more for knowing a guy or gal in the UK (and preferably a local independent - so Stoke-based) has got a job because they're selling their products/services well. However in this case I think most will agree they're actually more cost effective. So a bonus that they're made in the UK.

J

johna1

alright richard, just been looking at the website, am just starting out, i bought a rubi tile boring kit from tradetiler thinking it was something like yours, just had a look at it and realised i bought the wrong thing. don't know if you have any experience with sending stuff back to them or not, just was thinking of sending it back explaining i bought the wrong thing then get the right kit from you

D

Deleted member 1779

Of course there are promo codes but we keep them off air because they change and also we want professional tilers to get the best deals.

The P&P will be going up just after Xmas so we can shield a bit of the VAT for ourselves.

Disount Code: LIMITED TIME OFFER. There is a limited time VAT beating code which will give you 10% until 2nd Jan 2011 and it is code "beatvat" If you type that in on checkout then you will save money AND you will have beaten the VAT increase.

But dont leave it too late. It expires on 2nd Jan

That code again " beatvat "

365drills_pack.jpg

Last minute offers from 365Drills before the price rises of 2011

Reply to Permanent increase in VAT to 20% in just a few days - Diamond Core Drills Tile bits in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Exited to report we are relaunching our box set change. What's new and why the change? We only...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
Do you need to drill holes in very hard porcelain tiles? Do you want to do it with ease, using...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
It has been painful (painfully slow!) BUT slowly I am refreshing the box set range for the...
Replies
Views
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
The most popular box set we have ever produced. A big hit with installers . 30...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Permanent increase in VAT to 20% in just a few days - Diamond Core Drills Tile bits
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.