UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Peronda porcelain & glass discoulouring in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all,
As you'll see I dont post as often as I probably should, here goes though;

I've just finished a sizeable bathroom/wetroom, walls fitted with Peronda museum pure black, porcelain with sheet of glass on the face, as now sold at Topps. Firstly, these were a pig to cut due to the glass - score & snap was a game of chance at best! Again due to the glass, I took every care to minimise risk of scratching particularly whillst cleaning them off after cutting .
I'll get to the issue, now it's grouted ( BAL microflex - ebony), cleaned up, dusted off etc. a fair number of the tiles appear to have a hazey residue left on them. After another good wash over they looked as they should, until they dried and the hazey residue reappears. We tried some proper glass cleaner (glass faced tiles after all) only to have the same result once the cleaner had dissipated.
On closer inspection it looks like the haze or whatever it is, is actually in the glass or even under it?!

Can anyone offer some advice? Or better still, a diagnosis & solution?!

Danny

I will gladly post a couple of pics, unfortunately it wont be until Saturday now though. All I can say at present is the fresh tile is as the name suggests, a pure black glass finish. The current 'look', hmm, imagine looking at your windscreen or van windows from the outside after its been washed, then seeing that they're streaky on the inside but you only see it from certain angles. Thats the best I can do until I'm back there Saturday morning!

Dave, I'd have to say its a haze, but a streaky haze!
As for cutting, I havent used a Rubi since I became a convert 3 years ago - Montolit all the way for me. Even with their
superiority I found these tiles were still a real pain, some would score & snap ok then you'd get some that sheered off at an angled & some where the glass didnt snap on the same line as the porcelain!

Just to update all that have posted, the guy from Topps was stumped after trying a couple of different cleaners. I got a friend to come have a look - an older, slightly wiser tiler - and straight away he said it was polymer fibres from the grout. Fila deep cleaning stain remover cleared the haze & customer and myself are happy!
Thanks for all your input guys.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Peronda porcelain & glass discoulouring in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I have had both polished and matt textured wood effect tiles laid in my house and am having...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
N
..my tiler has grouted my bathroom and hasn't cleaned the grout off properly....the tiles are a...
Replies
Views
J b tiling
J
H
Hi Guys, think I made a boo boo. I've put up about 15 sq.m. of 600 x 300 V and B porcelain tiles...
Replies
Views
T
Hi guys I am after a bit of advice. I have spent some time reading through posts but it all...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.