Guest viewing is limited
  • Thread starter mikethetile
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 1K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss Picked up my Beeza in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

I had a job booked in this week, got a phone call sunday night, his wifes ill and could i start in a few days, not a lot you can say to that other than yes, spoke to him this morning and I can start tommorrow which will mean working over the weekend

so ive been climbing the walls the last few days, decided to dig out my BSA 500 shooting star, ive wanted to get it on the road since I rode that gold star a few months back

this involved a twenty mile round trip, moving a work bench, a cement mixer and some scaffolding , block cutter etc

finally uncovered it , still got air in the tyres and still rolls, pulled it out and rolled it up a board into the van

left it in the van last night and pulled it out this morning

needs a lot of work but better nick than I expected

I havent tried to kick it , im taking the engine apart first and while I have it stripped I may as well fit new bearings , shells and rings etc

when my duchess finds the lead for my camera that she put away but cant remember where. ill take some pics

then ive got to work out how to get them on here

ps shes working away so its in the dining room:lol:

U

user123

I had a job booked in this week, got a phone call sunday night, his wifes ill and could i start in a few days, not a lot you can say to that other than yes, spoke to him this morning and I can start tommorrow which will mean working over the weekend

so ive been climbing the walls the last few days, decided to dig out my BSA 500 shooting star, ive wanted to get it on the road since I rode that gold star a few months back

this involved a twenty mile round trip, moving a work bench, a cement mixer and some scaffolding , block cutter etc

finally uncovered it , still got air in the tyres and still rolls, pulled it out and rolled it up a board into the van

left it in the van last night and pulled it out this morning

needs a lot of work but better nick than I expected

I havent tried to kick it , im taking the engine apart first and while I have it stripped I may as well fit new bearings , shells and rings etc

when my duchess finds the lead for my camera that she put away but cant remember where. ill take some pics

then ive got to work out how to get them on here

ps shes working away so its in the dining room:lol:

You'd be amazed how quickly our dining table turns into a workbench when hubby is away, perfect working environment :smilewinkgrin: .... psssst.... :lol:

M

mikethetile

I forgot to mention I won a concours with this bike in the early eighties, it was so clean you could eat you dinner of it, its going to be a lot of work to get it back to that condition

when I was loading it a guy walking his dog stopped and offered me £1500 for it and I said it wasnt for sale,he was quite insistant saying he had cash in the house but if I wanted more he would give me the money he had and the balance when he picked it up. we chatted for a while and he asked how long I had it , when I told him he said he would never have sold a bike he had owned that long and went away happy

M

mikethetile

heres a pic prior to starting work

Attachments

• watkins 165.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 24

Reply to Picked up my Beeza in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, just like I wrote in the introduction I’ve been lurking in this forum for quite some...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
T
Hi All. I had my 1st practice cuts with the new (second hand) cutter 2day. Although not tiling...
Replies
Views
L
I'm thinking about doing my own plumbing work from now on, as I have just lost a tiling job due...
Replies
Views
Bubblecraft
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Picked up my Beeza
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.