UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss pics of 1st job under my belt! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Prem Tiler

cheers guys.

can I just say I was governed by the customer about the border guys. there kitchen, there call. thanks for the advise wetdecs I shell write that all down for future reference.

I set the border higher to avoid the sockets because its a solid glass border that sticks out 3mm from the ceramics. (not my idea trust me but as i said, there kitchen there call. I just fix em)

silicone is gonna be done later in the week but i didn't really want to do it while the grout wasn't 100% gone off. I think I said this earlier. I was scared of cocking it up while it was wet.

as for the floor. I'm gonna discuss it with them later. they want to put these plastic tiles down. the floor is a right mess. kitchen fitter went nuts with a skill saw and made a jigsaw of it!! they also want LED inserts around the kick boards. walk before I run come to mind.

If they want it doing I'll call ya Chris and you can do it I'll just labour for you if you want.

D

Daveyboy

Well done Dean - not only for having the guts to post your first job in the Forum, but also for starting a new career at your age (he he, only joking), being prepared to take on projects like this from the start, for fitting it in around another job, for welcoming constructive criticism for fellow tilers and for getting yourself out and about in the workplace. With this attitude, you have a bright future ahead of you...Keep it up :thumbsup::smilewinkgrin:

F

Fred

Well done Dean - not only for having the guts to post your first job in the Forum, but also for starting a new career at your age (he he, only joking), being prepared to take on projects like this from the start, for fitting it in around another job, for welcoming constructive criticism for fellow tilers and for getting yourself out and about in the workplace. With this attitude, you have a bright future ahead of you...Keep it up :thumbsup::smilewinkgrin:

Sound words Daveyboy.................:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to pics of 1st job under my belt! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello! I'm buying natural stone for floor in my house. Wife would like to do a French pattern...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.