Discuss Pirate's Rant #3 1 of my 5 a week Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Pirate's Rant #3 1 of my 5 a week Discussion ThreadPirate's Rant #3 1 of my 5 a week Electrical Advice

That brings me to bathroom fitters...
2 new bathrooms, 1 main, 1 en-suite, and this time in my own house, or rather a flat I was getting ready to rent out.
Why do so many trades use plasterboard screws for everything? Certainly didn't secure the shower svreen to the wall in the main bathroom, and also fitter must have lost the little chrome grub-screws for the standoffs for the towel rail...yup, secured by drywall screws...WC cistern sagging, drywall screws again! No wall-plugs, just screwed into holes in the tiling.
Fancy extractor fan, stuffed loosely into a square "hole" in the tiled wall...and of course, no isolator.

En-suite shower fitted to the wrong wall, against my instructions, and unable to use it properly or get access to the connections.
Electric towel rail fitted so close to the whb that you burn your leg on it when washing your hands. Had to be moved and thus left 2 holes in the tiles.
Fancy extrctor fan, better fitted this time, but no isolator.

To fix all these snags will mean some inevitable destruction of walls and floor tiles, and the extensive use of puch-fit plimbing gives me no confidence because I have found 2 joints with no pipe inserts.

Ranting over for now...

Pirate's Rant #3 1 of my 5 a week for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Pirate's Rant #3 1 of my 5 a week Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I would very much appreciate the advice of anyone who has fitted Marmox boards as I have decided...
Replies
Views
I've got some large tiles from Porcelanosa to fit in a quadrant shower enclosure. The tiles are...
Replies
Views
M
Hi Guy's, been a member a short while since planning a new shower room install. Trying to take...
Replies
Views
S
Morning guys, I am after some advice if you could spare the time. Moved into our new home 8...
Replies
Views
Spapro
S
R
Hi gys just a quick rant to vent my anger!! and ask for your help (wet room guys) After a long 3...
Replies
Views
Sean SML Tiling
S
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Pirate's Rant #3 1 of my 5 a week Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond