Discuss Plan for wetroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mattym

I've took up the old floorboards in the bathroom and once the plumbing is done intend to start putting it all back. All walls have been plastered and skimmed. The joists are no more than 400mm apart. I plan to:

1. Lay a 1400 (trimmed to 1300) x 900 x 22mm Marmox Showerstone tray in corner of bathroom directly on to joists.
2. Lay 18mm WBP plywood screwed on to joists supported by batons where required.
3. Lay 6mm Marmox board on top of WBP plywood.
4. Tape edges with Marmox water tape and apply liquid tanking to tray and walls in shower area

I have a couple of questions:

The floor will be 24mm (18mm ply + 6mm marmox) and the showerstone 22mm, will this 2mm difference be okay ?
I plan to screw the marmox down with the plastic washers to the ply, but should I also use an adhesive? if so any recommendations?
Any recommended products for tanking the tray and immediate shower walls/area before tiling?

Advice much appreciated!

Matt

M

mattym

Have you tried PHG Wetrooms, link on the left of the page

Sent from my iPhone

Was going to get the showerstone and waste from PHG, looking on their website the lowest Marmox they do is 10mm so was going to source the 6mm from elsewhere. Maybe worth giving them a call to see if they do do the 4mm.

If I stick with the 6mm, can the difference be made up in adhesive when tiling the tray?

M

mattym

Chip is cheaper, and I thought if i'm putting marmox on top, then i'd be okay to use chip, plus its easier to handle 2.4 x 600 sheets. I'm also doing a fair bit of boxing in using 12.5 marmox, also plan to use this for the bath panels. What's your plan? what shower tray size you going for? You planning to screw the boards down or use adhesive, I think i'm going to use adhesive, and marmox silicon for the joins, and tape! :-D

D

davemul

I went for a showerstone 900x900 tray. Im going to lay direct to joists (floorboards all taken up) support under drain hole.

18mm ply around for whole room (small bathroom)

Im going to use adhesive on the marmox and also their silicon and tape too. Im not sure whether to use a tanking membrane aswell though.. or just paint on some liquid tanking. Im inclined to go liquid as marmox is pretty waterproof!

I have 12.5mm marmox for all the walls.. direct to studwork. Ill screw these (and seal joins with silicon and tape too)

I am using pumped waste system for the drainage though.. and a concealed shower / pump so still have to fit all that lot first!

Wish me luck!

sounds like were doing pretty identical projects! keep in touch mate with progress :) I will too

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Plan for wetroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Plan for wetroom
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.