Discuss Plasplugs Contractor plus replacement blade ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

thevinnyofoz

Hi all.

Just picked up a second hand Plasplugs Contracter Plus for 15 quid in fantastic condition and need to change the blade for something that will deal with 20m2 of porcelain . I know from the guys and gals on here that the Marchrist blades are top gear but i'm wanting to know if any of the following are any good also, anyone used these ?

Black Diamond Turbo Thin Porcelain

Porcelain Tile Cutting Diamond Disc

FAITHFULL 6" 150mm Tile Porcelain

These are on ebay for good money but i'm not that sure yet if they will fit the Contractor anyway ? Any other recommendations welcome :thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You guys should ask TradeTiler for commission. :D :lol:

Joking aside. When you get your blade Monday (I guess it will be posted out tomorrow for next working day delivery, unless you paid for weekend delivery?) you'll be well chuffed. A person who uses such a blade so often will find buying one good one every now and again will see the saved costs compared to buying cheap lots of times.

F

Fred

I use blackdiamond industries directly as they are cheaper then those being sold on e-bay, and the telephone lads are great for advice. However, I recently used their thin porcelain blade for my hand grinder and it did'nt match up to the Marchist hand grinder porcelain blade when cutting dry, apart from that, blackdiamond are very good blades and come in various bore sizes on their web page, they will also make a blade to order, ie, odd bore size.

Reply to Plasplugs Contractor plus replacement blade ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views
You can find DNA blades for Tile Cutters at a very reasonable price from ************** 180mm...
Replies
Views
hmtiling
H
Alan from ATS Diamond tools sent me a couple of blades to test. I purposely did not check out...
Replies
Views
W
Guys After several years of reading and admiring some of the work being carried out I've taken...
Replies
Views
S
I
Guys, Just checking EBay and saw the supplier I have used for blades for my D2400. DEWALT DT3733...
Replies
Views
itstony
I

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Plasplugs Contractor plus replacement blade ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.