Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Plasplugs Cutters in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dave-T

Had the guvna of plasplugs round today to showcase theyre new ranges, and he told me something that i think your all going to like. As of october heres the new pricing for everywhere....

Master Tiler £79.99
Contractor Plus £59.99
ProTiler Plus £34.99
Compact Plus £24.99

Theyre now being manufatcured in the far east, but he assures me they'll be exactly the same quality.

Hope thats of some assistance to ppl
Dave

F

Fekin

lets hope the far east sweatshops churning this stuff out can destroy what little quality of lives there workers have - so we can benefit from even more price cuts.

Erm...

We may call them sweat shops, but to the people working in them I think they would call it making living.
So if they wern't making consumer goods for the west, what would they be doing instead.

Having no job and most probably dying of starvation.

Just because they get paid pence compared to us dosent mean they are being taken advantage of, when you probably only need pence to live per day so everythings relative.

D

Dave-T

The reason theyre paid so cheaply is because theres literally millions unemployed, so theres allways been people willing to work for less. This stems directly from theyre over population so in effect its theyre own fault.
And im not going to feel guilty because theyre government refuses to implement a minimum wage structure. Incidently, if they did the country would go downhill very quickly because if it wasn't cheap to manufacture there then people would move elsewhere or closer to home leaving them with an even bigger job crisis.

So basically, they might work very hard for little money, but theyre happy because theyd rather that than not work for no money. No sympathy from me when i next buy a master tiler, only happiness when i open my wallet and find ive got extra 60 quid to spend down the pub.

F

Fekin

Ah well!! that makes it allright then.

It's not a case of "it's allright then", it's a simple case of ecnomics.

Their countries are over populated, millions of people with no jobs and no way of supporting themselves, the whole cost of living is tiny compared to the western world so people only need to earn a fraction to have their standard of living.

So theres 2 options really.

Stick to producing everything in your own country, higher workers wages means products are far more expensive, so consumers in the long run need to earn more money to pay for everything they need, meaning workers demand more money to do the job, so the products become more expensive to produce, and so it goes on and on, like a snowball effect.

We "the western world" have our very expensive consumer products as a result, and that then means millions of people in the less developed world are say no longer producing anything for the west, and as their countries economy is so poor, they don't have way enough jobs for their own people producing what they need for themselves, so they have no jobs, giving them no money.
No money is third world crisis, people in the end starve if their goverment cannot support the unemployed, which they can't as it is.

So shall we have a mix of the two.

Pay people in eastern countries the same wages they would get living here ?

So they end up earning £80 per day, when it only costs them £5 per month to live.

I think you might find their country then gripped with excessive inflation.

Whats the point in that, we might as well pay someone living here to do the job for the same money and pay double for the products for the pleasure of it.

It's all about having a good mix.

I also work in a coal fired power station as well as being a tiler.
We buy coal from all around the world, and have done since the early eighties.

Coal from places like South Africa, Russia and so on costs us a fraction of what British coal does, all because of how expensive it is to get it from the ground in the first place.
So yeah we could say, right we will only buy british coal, costs would go through the roof to produce elecrticity, the national grid would have to pay excessive prices from us, then pass on that excessive price to the consumer, so your electric bill would probably quadruple.

You might want to look at where over half the products or more you currently buy are actually made.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fekin

Im not trying to justify anything, Im simply pointing out the obvious.

You tell me how things could be done better then ?

It's a simple case of, we either produce everything ourselves and pay a far higher price for it and millions in poor countries starve because there are no jobs for them, or we ship production of certain things overseas where it's far cheeper to produce, we pay less for the products and millions are in a job earning money to live.

That is how the world works, so you don't have to get on your high horse over this at me when Im simply stating how the world works.

But if you feel you have a better solution, then the world would like to know about it versatilene.

V

versatilene

Millions aren't starving because there's no work for them, they're starving because we in the west exploit them by paying peanuts thus forcing those who can get work to work long hours just to survive. It would be better to pay a fair rate so people could afford to work less hours and spread the work out among more people. No two ways about it the might and greed of the developed countries is keeping the third world from sharing its wealth.

I didn't mean to wind anyone up so please lets not get personal (high horses etc.) each to our own opinion and I like nothing better than a good bit of banter.
How did this happen from a tile cutter??

Reply to Plasplugs Cutters in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Hello all, I haven't been on much for the last few months due to nearly losing interest in the...
Replies
Views
thevinnyofoz
T
T
I just read a thread on what type of cutter a new tiler needs and it got me thinking. It may...
Replies
Views
Aston
A
G
Keep hearing that plasplugs have gone bust but can't seem to find much news on it - a shame if...
Replies
Views
David - Tradetiler
D
P
Right then. I've been doing a couple of bathroom and kitchen projects a month now, and been...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
M
anybody interested in a plasplugs master tiler wet cutter 110v? i had one with a wonky spindly...
Replies
Views
MrSpoon
M

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Plasplugs Cutters
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%