UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss plasplugs master tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Grace'sDad

I use one and it compares well. Nice quiet powerful induction motor. The blade which comes with it is ok but a lot of peeps will be along to tell you to put a marcrist blade on.

My only gripe is that the blade can have a tendancy to wander if you cut slivers with too much pressure. I don't think the spindle is as tough as some of the "professional" cutters.

For £80 though it's a steal. Mine munches through porcelain easily.

(oh, and forget doing mitre cuts - impossible!)

R

Ric

i used my mastertiler to cut mitres on q rock tiles, wish i hadn't bothered now as the little stand you pull out to get the 45 degree angle snapped!!:mad2: i also put a macrist blade on mine which makes cutting much qiucker but i now get lots of little bits flying up as i cut, is this typical of the macrist blade?

As iam typing this i have been asked to quote for a shower via email, whoopee!

G

Gazzer

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]COMPACT PLUS (DWW100)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Flip up guide plate for 45° mitres.
Water re-circulation system for
cleaner results. Assembled ready for use.
80mm general purpose and high glaze
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PRO-TILER PLUS (DWW110)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Flip up guide plate for 22.5º & 45º mitres.
cleaner results. 500w geared motor.
Assembled ready for use.
110mm general purpose and high glaze replacement

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CONTRACTOR PLUS (DWW150)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Flip up guide plate for 22.5º & 45º mitres.
cleaner results. 500w geared motor.
Assembled ready for use.
150mm general purpose and turbo blade replacement
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MASTER TILER (DWW180)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Flip up guide plate for 45º mitres.
cleaner results. 650w geared motor.
Assembled ready for use.
180mm general purpose and turbo blade replacement
[/FONT]

E

eatsmice

Spent the last week or so plugging away at 9mm porcelain tiles with the Master Tiler. Because they are big tiles, its being used almost constantly. Tried a local tilers dry cutter, but couldn't get the knack and shattered a couple, so back to the wet cutter.

The finish with the stock blade is more than adequate, but you need to take your time. I get soaked as the tiles are too big for the water to run off properly or to use the guide, and the grooves do need cleaning out each time. (think I'll be trying that suggestion of filling the grooves!)

With about 100 tiles on the wall, about 80 are cut and I wondered if I should try a new blade. Bought the turbo blade TDW180 and after a couple of tests took it off and went back to the original. Although the blade goes through the tiles a lot faster, even going slow left the edges badly chipped.

I was almost tempted to give mitring a try, but after the comments above, I don't think so.

I was suffering from the very end of the cut (last cm) breaking away. Using a wooden baton to even the push pressure on either side of the cut reduced this, but now cutting halfway in from each side, and flipping upside down for the final inch or so. Yes I get soaked, but I am more than happy with the final result.

C

CBTC

if your going to take this tiling game seriously get a rubi leave the plastic crap to the DIY Er's

Yes if you're going to do serious levels of work you need to spend as with any type of professional equipment. The small ones / cheaper ones just dont give as good a job and are less stable, thus not as accurate for cutting large tiles or stone. We have various sizes of wetsaw and I do think the Plasplugs top version looks pretty good for the price, in relation to smaller works, jobs where just a few shape cuts are required. Quite interested that those of you who use it think it goes well and does the job.

Has anyone used / got the DeWalt wet saw? Seen it at a show - wondered what its like in use.

D

doit4u

Have had a Plasplugs master for about 9 months found it very good initally. Bought a Macrist wheel on the recommendations from this site and this is certainly gives a quicker cut than the plasplugs wheel. Lately I have been finding that it seems to chip the last 3 or 4mm at the end of a cut. I have also tried it with a part used plasplugs wheel and get the same problem.

Am starting to suspect the machine as I have tried different pressures and being very careful at the end of the cut. My suspicions were confirmed when I went back for phase 2 of a flooring job. Phase 1 was a kitchen/diner and phase 2 a utility and corridor. Both were done with the same 600mm square tiles. Phase one was done on a much smaller older machine without any problems.

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem. I need to get it right as my most critical customer {the wife} has finally nailed me down to redo our kitchen next month, I don't see the hurry myself she has only been waiting 5 years.

Chris

S

sibs

Yes if you're going to do serious levels of work you need to spend as with any type of professional equipment. The small ones / cheaper ones just dont give as good a job and are less stable, thus not as accurate for cutting large tiles or stone. We have various sizes of wetsaw and I do think the Plasplugs top version looks pretty good for the price, in relation to smaller works, jobs where just a few shape cuts are required. Quite interested that those of you who use it think it goes well and does the job.

Has anyone used / got the DeWalt wet saw? Seen it at a show - wondered what its like in use.

When I was doing my tiling course DeWalt came to us one morning with a prototype of that wet cutter to get some feedback and opinions on what makes a good wet cutter. They were also looking to develop a dry rail cutter so I would be very interested to see the finished article.... I got a free cordless drill out of it so I was well happy!!

P

pjtiler

i used a dewalt when i worked in the middle east there the top saw over there
there fine once you get used to the press and push action not in the same leage as the rubi though IMHO

Reply to plasplugs master tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
hi all! I wondered if I could get some opinions on somethings? Firstly, I am looking to buy a...
Replies
Views
S
Unbelievable Has anyone come across super fast drying plaster?:mad: I arrived to tile a...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
Hi This is my 1st post in the forum. I have been a tiler for 13 years. I have started my own...
Replies
Views
The TilersForums Arms is the business advice area of the forum that is out of the view of the...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.