Discuss Plasplugs Pro + spares in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doit4u

My Plasplugs Pro + wet cutter has been taking a small chip off the edge of the tile at the end of a cut. I have noticed that there is a slight flutter when the wheel is spinning so I am wondering if this is causing the problem and there is wear in the motor shaft/bearing.

Before I try and strip the machine to have a look does anyone know if internal bits are available or is it a case of chucking it and buying something else.

It might be worth getting in touch with the company (0800 8406820) as I have a contractor plus and burnt out the motor and they said I can get a replacement motor for £25.00 plus shipping.
I do agree though at the lower end you do take a chance with the machines you get. I was really chuffed with mine as I was able to cut marble rods into 5mm thick slices without a problem.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Plasplugs Pro + spares in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

J
So I've had my 1200 for a while now and it's done 5-600 cuts, mainly travertine, 610 x 405 x...
Replies
Views
Jelthetiler
J
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
F
Hello everyone. I am over here in the USA, but noticed, when googling for info on Mapei grouts...
Replies
Views
Mr Tiler
M
M
Hi Guy's, been a member a short while since planning a new shower room install. Trying to take...
Replies
Views
J
ive just opened a batch of 600x 400 x 12mm jerusalem gold honed limestone. the face looks as...
Replies
Views
jonnyc
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Plasplugs Pro + spares
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.