Discuss plasterboard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

g.clough

sounds like youve bought a diy special for adhesive m8 i wouldnt use that stuff personally ,i would use a cement based adhesive that you mix yourself tilegiant do a good range of mapei adhesives and grouts to suit, and like has already been said if the plasterboard hasnt been skimmed u can tile straight onto it without a primer just tape the joints ,also as above think about tanking round your wet areas ie shower/bath area i would always do this , hope this helps and good luck with your project :)

D

diamondtiling

thanks everyone it wasnt letting me post tried a few times so tried a new username
went for unibond adhesive its adhesive and grout ready made its a waterproof anti mould stuff i bought gypsum primer unibond as well the size of my tiles are 250mmx330mm would this be ok?thanks

Do yourself a big favour and take this stuff back to the shop, its garbage and not fit for purpose. The tiles will take an age to dry.
Get a cement based adhesive and a separate cement based grout, use an acrylic bond such as mapei g or similar, Any good tile supplier will stock everything you need, dont let them fob you off with ready mixed adhesive.

Reply to plasterboard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all - I have some small format ceramic tiles (10x10x1cm) to use as a splash back around the...
Replies
Views
Hi - looking for a bit of advice if anyone has experienced this. Hands up I am completely...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
plasterboard
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.