Discuss Plating/sheeting - do your own ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Clydesider

Have taken a couple of days off work to help out a joiner pal who is working on a 'bedroom to bathroom conversion'. Baring in mind I'm a newbie and learning BEFORE my tiling course ( or to 'walk before I can run') I'm strapping walls while he's doing the floor......... I'm looking about, trying to think from the point of view of the Tiler who will be in at some stage, and looking at the very 'bow'ed walls. I asked what I thought was a perfectly normal question - ' whens the Tiler coming to sheet the walls' ? Answer - "no no no, Tilers don't sheet, that's for the Plasterers. You'll fall out with the Plasterers if you sheet yourself". Am I missing something or being niave ? How many of you guys sheet/plate yourself ? I would have thought it was expected of you........

T

Time's Ran Out

The problem as I see it is the last trade always blames the previous trade.
However if the plastering trade knew a wall was to be tiled you hope that they would try to put it up straight! On stud walls they are governed by the joiner but on block walls with dot/dab they should be done properly. We like to do our own preparation where possible, not to put other trades out of work, just so we know it's right - same with floors - we level them out, not just put a skim over the bumps!

C

charlie1

Hi Stevie, i turned up to tile a bathroom today, all prep done fitters for me... Plasterboard dot dabbed on to tiles.... Plasterboard completely deboned and falling off... There solution... Can you silicon it back on as the fitters know not to use plasterboard adhesive on to ceramics. ...told them ill be back in a few days and its best they don't tell me how they have rectified this situation or divulge there preparation methods for future. Some people don't care, your best doing your own where you can

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Plating/sheeting - do your own ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had a leak from the shower to the room below. I thought it was likely the silicone seal...
Replies
Views
Trying to Get bathroom re tiled, had conflicting advice from a few tilers, I’m a total novice...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB