Discuss Please check my tile addy calculations in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

trusz

I've spent many hours reading the forum and gaining a wealth of information for my first DIY tiling job. Many knowledgeable people on here and thanks to you for your help so far!

I'm just putting together a shopping list for my bathroom tiling and I'm trying to work out how much adhesive I will need. Please could someone check my workings below to make sure I'm not way out? :yikes:

On the walls will be 10m^2 300 x 600 x 10mm light grey/off white tiles,
On shower walls 9m^2 300 x 600 x 10mm dark grey
On floor 9m^2 600 x 600 x 10mm dark grey tiles

From what I've read, I will need a 20mm x 10mm round notched trowel giving a solid bed of about 6mm?

I'm looking at buying Mapei Keraflex Maxi Grey for use with the dark tiles and white for the lighter tiles.

On the website they quote 1.5kg per m^2 per mm

So dark grey requires grey addy for 18m^2
6(18 * 1.5) = 162kg so round it up to 9 bags?

Light grey requires addy for 10m^2
6(10 * 1.5) = 90kg so round up to 5 bags?

T

trusz

Ok, perhaps I've got it wrong on the thickness/trowel I need. Can you advise? Walls are all dot n dabbed with water resistant PB apart from the wetroom area which has 12.5mm marmox.

Forgot to say the floor is SBR primed 18mm WPB ply screwed on to timber joists with all edges supported with noggins. I also added herringbone struts to make it as solid as possible. The surface is as near to flat/level as I could manage (<5mm dips under a 2m straight edge across any plane). I've stuck 4mm Marmox over the top with keraflex maxi, taped all the joints and put screws + washers every 300mm.

I have UFH to stick down and plan on putting SLC over to cover the cables and tile on top. I'm still not 100% on doing the floor tiling myself at the moment because of the envelope cutting needed over the wetroom tray so I think I might get a couple of quotes for that.

I've spent quite a lot of time, effort and money on the prep work and I think it's a pretty good job but I'm not feeling over confident on the tiling.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Please check my tile addy calculations in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
G
evening all i had to buy myself a new dry cutter and having only ever used rubi and ill be...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
  • Question
Okay so I'm going to start the ball rolling. I'd like the forum to be handy for all, including...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB