Discuss Please help! Bathroom Ruined! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

Kirsty0304

We had our bathroom redone in March and it looked great with floor to ceiling white tiles. But in May, we notices that one of the tiles above the bath had started to go darker than the rest of the tiles. It has now turned completely grey and sticks out like a sore thumb. I feel like our bathroom is ruined. Bathroom Faulty Tile.jpg

I contacted the shop we got the tiles from (not naming names) and the manager came out. He tried to tell me i had a leak and that's what caused the discolouration but i disagreed as its only one tile, and if it had been a leak, surly more tiles would be the same. He said he would fill out a quality form and send it to the quality manager. It was at the point i notices a flaw in the tile that i pointed out to him. Its only noticeable at very close inspection, smaller than a five pence piece, and looks like a bobble under the glaze. The glaze is intacted over the tile, not cracked or damaged. But there is a definite flaw under the glaze.

I waited a month for a reply and got a letter to say that the discolouration was due to water getting into the body of the tile through a 'chip' on the surface that we caused and was not a manufacturers flaw and they will take no responsibility. I am absolutely devastated. This is not the case and the flaw is under the glaze. I disputed this and the quality manager came out himself and couldn't point out the 'chip' he noted in his letter and asked me to show him the flaw I had described on the phone when I called him about his first letter. He would not confirm or deny the 'chip' claim and said he would get back to me. He did today and said he still thinks its something we have done and not his problem.

I am so upset at his attitude. All I want is them to pay someone to replace the tile but they refuse. I have contacted trading standards and they have advised i get independent advice on the tile and then take them to small claims court. I don't know where to start. I need advice from anyone who can back us up with disputing him saying there is a chip on the tile. Can anyone please help me?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Please help! Bathroom Ruined! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
New here and no knowledge of professional tiling! I had one installer do three new bathrooms. He...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB