Discuss Please read this.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mortarforker

Hello, I would like to say that...After reading all the post's and comments ..You people are the most polite,honest,respectful bunch of humans on this earth..If all people in the UK are like you..I want to move to England!!..I thought the USA was full of nice people..I was wrong..All the forums from the US are pretty much full of disrespect and rudeness..I don't find that on this site..Thank Your Mom's and Dad's for having such great children.."YOU"..Lot's of smiles and hugs from me..Don..Cheers..Hopefully I can give some good tips and advice to the tilers who need help on this site..I have 31 years experience working with tile.:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
It's always really nice to hear that, doesn't happen too often but we get this every now and again to be fair and the guys will confirm it. Cheeeeers.

Takes a whole bunch of people to make a forum work. And we do get the odd arse if I can be so frank. The thing is having a system that all contributors understand (whether admin who contribute a lot and take risks, moderators who contribute a lot and get the back-chat the most probably, or members who have to really support the 'rules' and keep reporting comments not following them) and I'm really pleased to say that this forum we have here shaped more than half a dozen other forums, and we have half a dozen again in their infancy and I've stuck to what works.

It works here. And it isn't the mods or admins who made that alone, it was actually more the members during the infancy of the forum, and whole network of forums that we now run.

Really pleases me personally to see such a thread, especially from somebody who understands forums (or at least has contributed to some (although you did say "ALL" lol - perhaps an exaggeration there?).

So cheers. :)

We're just about to change things again but certainly not the atmosphere here. Just some improvements website-wise but also for the tradesmen in general in the industry. Hopefully you'll be part of that soon albeit over the pond, but I'm pretty sure after 31 years you'll have some things to say about 'em.

All the best and thanks again.

D

doug boardley

I have to add one more thing to this thread..What throws me off is...Our time zone..Im typing away at 8pm USA time and you are all sleeping..also Metric and Inches really kill me...Im not very good with metric..:mad2:..I will learn...Cheers:smilewinkgrin:
know what you mean...recently become a member of a vizsla forum....you guys are soooo 8 hours (west coast) behind lol!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Please read this.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views
Are there any BS standards covering this please I have recently had 3 sides of a shower tiled...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Please help me. Really having a nightmare here. Just moved into a new house and the...
Replies
Views
Good Evening Folks. I'm going to post a few pictures & would like to hear some feedback from...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Please read this..
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.