Discuss plumbers.... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TJ Smiler

Let them source their own plumber or give them a number of a plumber.

Or hone the skills and cut round them.

I'll still cut round an old suite with fixed soldered pipe and no shut off unless they want to get a plumber in to remove it. Anything with a service valve comes out as long as the hose/pan connector will still fit the new height.

That's a great point mate, i should have said that i take them out if it don't require shutting off their boilers or draining down systems (even though i do this when doing a full bathroom installation) if the pipes don't have an ISO valve or have been in donkeys years then it can be just as quick to cut around as it would be to drain everything.

Nice one mate

Somerset
Nooooo can do beanz tilers tile plumbers plumb plasterers plaster , you gonna open a whole new can o beanz son 

I agree, but.

Whilst learning to tile, I worked with a carpenter to learn to properly trim doors/kitchen plinths (after floor tiling). I worked with a plumber to learn to disconnect and reconnect a basin and WC (for bathroom tiling). All of which became essential skills whenever completing domestic tiling jobs. I learnt with plasterers to skim a wall. I learnt with builders to lay a concrete screed. And all these things I can and will do skillfully when tiling.

However. Get an airlock in the heating system (removing radiators) and you will need a plumber (heating engineer). Don't do too much carpentry - your insurer wont cover you to use woodworking tools. The best plastering comes with a lot of practice.

And at the end of the day remember that you are probably the best tiler in the world - but you probably wont be best at anything else.

:8:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to plumbers.... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB