Discuss Plumbing price in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

For that price i will drive down from york and do it for you.

1 day strip out and first fix (at the most)

1 day 2nd fix

materials are minimal cost for this minor work,

why dont you source and supply the suite and make a few quid rather than the plumber? all merchants deliver for free and you can set up a cash account no probs - just get payment up front from client

Thats a good idea, just thought I'd get a good price off him. Obviously not!!! I know a couple of other plumbers, I'll give him the chance to drop his price or go elsewhere.

I

Ian

I bet when you do work for him you don't sting him! You run the risk of losing the job if you submit those prices for basic plumbing work.

I suppose you could always stick your day rate up to £300 next time you do work for him

I feel a bit dissapointed if I'm honest, my price to rip out, reboard, supply and fit 20m2 of tiles and dispose of all waste was only £1600 and thats the main bulk of the work. My personal opinion is that it shouldnt be any more than £12-1300 for the plumbing side. A 20m2 shower room shouldn't be costing more than 3 grand to strip out and refit especially when the tiles are £17m2 from the mighty B&Q.

S

Scott

When i work out my costings for a refit it cost a standard suite at £650 for like for like swop. Thats no shower incuded. He has given you a price for what he want to do the work if you think its too high then talk to him about it. Theres a saying that i always stick to and thats "there are no mates in business"
I dont think £3000 plus for a bathroom is lot, in fact i think £280 for a shower cubicle is very cheap.

You could have a look at this site for comparisons:

Bathroom Fitting Prices - Bathroom Installation Costs - Costs Charges& Estimates

Last edited by a moderator:
When i work out my costings for a refit it cost a standard suite at £650 for like for like swop. Thats no shower incuded. He has given you a price for what he want to do the work if you think its too high then talk to him about it. Theres a saying that i always stick to and thats "there are no mates in business"
I dont think £3000 plus for a bathroom is lot, in fact i think £280 for a shower cubicle is very cheap.

You could have a look at this site for comparisons:

Bathroom Fitting Prices - Bathroom Installation Costs - Costs Charges& Estimates

that's a handy site, thanks

S

Scott

I was looking for this thread earlier but couldnt find it!

I was im my plumbers merchant todaya dn a local guy was in, i see them around and even in Tile Giant a few miles away. I hear they do a good job, they use quality materials and i did spy them buying only powdered addy from TG.

Anyway, they had a quote of theirs on the counter, £2000 fo rth esuite including shower cubicle etc, I can only assume that the labour incuded tiling as it was £3600

Now i know im not the dearest and certainly not the cheapest but i have never been able to charge more than £2600 on a bathroom even with UFH replacemnt floor, stud walls concealed cisterns in besoke boxes etc

I

Ian

I was looking for this thread earlier but couldnt find it!

I was im my plumbers merchant todaya dn a local guy was in, i see them around and even in Tile Giant a few miles away. I hear they do a good job, they use quality materials and i did spy them buying only powdered addy from TG.

Anyway, they had a quote of theirs on the counter, £2000 fo rth esuite including shower cubicle etc, I can only assume that the labour incuded tiling as it was £3600

Now i know im not the dearest and certainly not the cheapest but i have never been able to charge more than £2600 on a bathroom even with UFH replacemnt floor, stud walls concealed cisterns in besoke boxes etc

She said that she was more than happy with the tiling price and that she would source her own white goods and plumber, so that takes the pressure off me now because I don't have to worry about anything other than the tiling, which is my trade, I don't know enough about other trades to be getting involved.

Reply to Plumbing price in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Just had following work done: downstairs toilet - replaced toilet and sink and tiled the floor...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen floor tiled in large plank-style porcelain tiles (90cm x 15cm) about 2 years...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Plumbing price
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.