Discuss Ply with no expansion joint photos... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

2020Tiling

just a warning to members the disasters that can occur from using PLY ! Ply floor 002.JPG Ply floor 004.JPG :ban: Ply floor 003.JPG

I

Ian

I made a speech last weekend about how I'd never lay tiles on ply again, I've been part of this forum for 6 months and I've probably spent a 1000 hours reading up on the pros and cons of tiling on ply, cement boards are the way forward and if you take the time to compare the two you will never tile on ply again. Before I joined this forum I swore ply lining floors was the best way to prep a floor and no one could have persuaded me otherwise, now that I have had the priveledge of reading posts from some of the best tilers in the UK I'm a big believer in ply being a thing of the past and can give you a hundred reasons why cement boards (or similar) are the way forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Ply with no expansion joint photos... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for some advice regarding tiling over expansion joints in floor screed. I’m getting...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
Hi all So my tiler laid 125m2 and in the doorways and across the living room floor left the...
Replies
Views
Can I trouble some experts in here for some advice on laying pavers on a concrete pool surround...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Ply with no expansion joint photos...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.