Guest viewing is limited

Discuss pocket door tiling in the Tilers' Talk - All Other Countries area at TilersForums.com.

I'm converting a small bathroom in to a wet room. It has a sliding pocket door. I was going to tile the whole room with 600 x 300 porcelain tiles but the wall of the pocket door is extremely flexible. I'm an experienced DIY guy and have researched this project to within an inch of it's life but I'm unsure about what to do about the flexible wall. I've attached a visualisation I did of the bathroom. The missing wall is the wall with pocket door in it. As you can see it's largely protected from splashing with a shower screen. I could just leave as painted plasterboard but for aesthetic reasons I'd rather tile it as the rest of the room.
I've read suggestions of replacing the plasterboard of the pocket wall with plywood layered with tile backerboard like Hardiebacker. I have also read about some other more robust construction board: Fermacell. Is that any good in this situation? Any suggestions welcome. I'm nervous of plywood due to its tendency to warp in a moist environment.
bathroom_layout_v25_Default_PassX.0050.jpg

Bathroom-New Measures.jpg

Bathroom-New Measures-1.jpg

Last edited:

Reply to pocket door tiling in the Tilers' Talk - All Other Countries area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm looking for solid answer or opinion. We had some windows removed on an exterior wall and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

edinburgh
What member type are you?
  1. Homeowner

Thread Information

Title
pocket door tiling
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tilers' Talk - All Other Countries
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond