Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Polished marble sealer problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

pete f

TF
Arms
bolton
tiled a floor in polished goss marble iris beige goss reccomended rubi net sealer so i sealed the floor with a roller to get even coverage and left it to dry rubi dont state that you have to wipe excess residue off got there this morning and the excess residue is all over the floor spoke to rubi rep he said use white spirit or apply more sealer and use an emulsifying pad tried both and there are still marks on the tiles any of you guys got any advice on a product to clean them off properly thanks

T

TheTiler

Try Lithofin products - they have worked for me over the years. They do a remover of some kind I think which will take off what you've put on (look on their website). Wouldn't use white spirit though! I can't believe that was professional advice as you won't be able to seal it all after that I wouldn't have thought...

In future - don't use a roller on polished tiles as they don't absorb the product as much as rough surfaces - use a cloth and buff off excess straight away.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Try Lithofin products - they have worked for me over the years. They do a remover of some kind I think which will take off what you've put on (look on their website). Wouldn't use white spirit though! I can't believe that was professional advice as you won't be able to seal it all after that I wouldn't have thought...

In future - don't use a roller on polished tiles as they don't absorb the product as much as rough surfaces - use a cloth and buff off excess straight away.

Hope this helps!

Sealer's need a dwell time for penetration purposes..:thumbsup:

Reply to Polished marble sealer problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

P
My goodness - what a palaver!! So, I've been tiling my own wet-room with TOPPS 60x30 Polished...
Replies
Views
Billy Hunt
B
S
Hi I am looking to purchase a textured tile called Jewel from topps tiles, they have small...
Replies
Views
Speedoman
S
Hi members, I wonder if anyone can please help? I've tiled a patio in France and, due to the...
Replies
Views
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
D
Hopefully somebody can help because I am in a bit of a pickle. We have just recently had approx...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

pete f

Arms
TF
bolton

Thread Information

Title
Polished marble sealer problem
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.