Discuss Polished Porcelain Black tiles - Hazed??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kev_vaux

Hi,

I have recently bought 9 packs of below.............

Polished Porcelain Tile - Floor Tiles - Tiles -Tiles & Floors - Wickes

The shiney black finish is what i am looking for as a finished result.

They seem to have some sort of wax/watermarked finish to them at the minute though.

I have tried wiping them with a cloth and it seems as though its tough to remove.

Do all Polished tiles come with this finish or are mine stained in some way?

Is there a good wat to remove/clean them?

Also what is the best cleaner/sealent for these as they will be used in a bathroom so will get water marked.

Many thanks in Advance.

Kev

G

Gazzer

There are various types of wax applied to the tiles, Transit wax its called. To stop the tiles rubbing against each other while packaged.
There are also various products available to remove this wax. Some work better than others and most fixers will have their own favourite.
I am still using a tin of Lithofin Wax Off which seems to be lasting forever but then I rarely come across transit wax at the moment.

Try Broken Link Removed for more info.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Polished Porcelain Black tiles - Hazed??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know how I can get hold of some discontinued Seramiksan Teos Black 33 x 33 tiles. I...
Replies
Views
Hello Tilers! I am a homeowner in California and I thought I'd come say hi in search of a...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought a house dated around the 1920/30s and found black and white tiles...
Replies
Views
I’ve got some white adhesive residue stuck to the surface of black slate effect tiles. Give them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Polished Porcelain Black tiles - Hazed???
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.