Discuss Polished porcelain discoloured by sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

they are from B&q ...... so probably are chinese
i only wiped them with a damp sponge and dried with a dry cloth before sealing

This could have caused uneven acceptance of the sealer - hence the patchy nature of the finished look.
BQ recommed a different sealer for their porcelain so you may have no recourse.
The open pores of this porcelain do accept dirt and should be thoroughly sealed.
My only comment would be to advise trying to put more sealer on a sample tile on the areas that have dried first to see if it accepts any more.

Reply to Polished porcelain discoloured by sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have Wickes Olympia Grey Sandstone tiles. On the box they are described as "Glazed...
Replies
Views
Suzie T
S
Hi guys, Please help me. Really having a nightmare here. Just moved into a new house and the...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a 1950s build (1930s design) block of flats. All windows have a tile...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Polished porcelain discoloured by sealer
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.