Discuss Polished Porcelain Queries in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

The wax is invisible if you ask me. I had a right nightmare a few weeks back trying to seal some polished porcelain. I cleaned the tiles tiles twice with a wax remover which still didn't get it all off. This caused the sealer to sit on the tile and leave an oily look to it. I ended up using a really heavy duty cleaner to get the sealer and wax off and started again then the sealer did take.

I would speak to the tile retailer myself and ask them how they know there sealed already, some do come sealed. Might be worth contacting the manufacturer of the tiles to check if there sealed.

D

DHTiling

The wax is invisible if you ask me. I had a right nightmare a few weeks back trying to seal some polished porcelain. I cleaned the tiles tiles twice with a wax remover which still didn't get it all off. This caused the sealer to sit on the tile and leave an oily look to it. I ended up using a really heavy duty cleaner to get the sealer and wax off and started again then the sealer did take.

I would speak to the tile retailer myself and ask them how they know there sealed already, some do come sealed. Might be worth contacting the manufacturer of the tiles to check if there sealed.

Might not have been transit wax, they could just have been pre-sealed..

Might not have been transit wax, they could just have been pre-sealed..

From b and q though, box said they must be sealed prior to grouting. They looked really shiny when cleaned but the seal would not take. It drove me mad. I put a post on here to ask if anyone else had had the same problem. Dont think the wax had been removed properly but i couldn't see it. They were black 600x600 so you see any little imperfection on the tile.

D

Deleted member 1779

Hi Kev.

Just a reminder that if you are dealing with polished porcelain tiles that we supply the diamond core drills to bore all the holes you need into them.

drillpack10.jpg

Kit contains seven pieces in five sizes.

shower1.jpg

Will drill out all your holes for shower rose, the radiator pipes (left) and the fixings to put up the shelf as well as the raditor etc etc

MVC-007F.jpg

Perfect holes into granite hard black porcelain tiles

valueformoney2.gif

B

beekae

Its worth mentioning that these tiles are not porcelain in the true sense.Porcelain is non porous and never requires sealing.
They will stain if unsealed,and due to the polishing process have millions of microscopic pinholes in the surface.The sealer will also fill these.
Ive seen unsealed floors laid with this,that show the squeegee marks from grouting,as the grout beds into these holes,and cannot be removed.

Reply to Polished Porcelain Queries in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
hats67 - Yesterday at 11:48 PM Add bookmark #1 Hello guys. I came upon and registered with...
Replies
Views
Hello guys. I came upon and registered with this forum while doing some research on decoupling...
Replies
Views
I have been researching this for days and need some help. My garage has a concrete floor. I live...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Polished Porcelain Queries
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.