Discuss Polypipe ufh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has tiled over this system YouTube - Polypipe Overlay/Overlay Lite Installation I have 60m2 of limestone to lay. I have rcommended a decoupling membrane, although there is no mention of the need for one. As these panels are just loose laid onto existing sub-floor, I am a little concerned that only gravity is keeping the floor down.

Also wonder should the floor be commissioned prior to laying Dural etc. and tiling? ( I presume so) I would be gratefull for any feedback/ comments.:thumbsup:

Cheers Phil.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Andy I spoke to Mapei technical, they suggested I encapsulate the pipe with flc. As it happened I had to level the floor, the joker who had charged £1200 to level the floor prior to me starting, had made a real mess of it.

I ended up using 34 bags of fibre slc to get it something like, then used Dural new ci mat fixed with keraquick/ latex plus.

I am just about finished laying the limestone, it has taken a lot longer than I expected. Due to all the extra prep work, but it seems really solid now.

I did insist the guy screwed the polypipe board first. To save the customer money I fixed the stone with Keraquick, after getting advice from Mapei. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

Phil how did you get on?? Ive got a 70m2 floor with this stuff coming up , ive did a bit of research and there is a bit of conficting advice , polypipe say tile direct onto the overlay but i have concerns , im thinking of fitting a decoupling membrane with an S2 then fix tiles with an S1 or S2 , any thoughts anyone ?

I did one almost 3 years back now. I used SLC over it 1st then Dural Ci, Then tiled.

K

kaharrison9

Hi Phil.
Have just recently tiled just under 70sm of porcelain on the polypipe overlay system.
Polypipe simply say tile directly on top which i've now rang them on 3 seperate occasions over 2 years asking if technically there was anybody to speak to about this advice. Problem i had was trying to explain the possible failures that could occur going direct when the plumber is reciting Polypipes advice of going direct to the customer.
Anyway i screwed it all down rather than leaving it floating.Also screwed the black ends that the pipes turn in as thats where the most movement i found was.Used turbogold as pulls everything tight.
Then checked with polypipe and the panels are gypsum so have to to be primed correctly.
Spoke to the Ultra rep and asked if it should be treated as an annhydrite screed and he's advice was bear it in mind but as it wasn't a screed to give a good vaccum then prime with ultra it fp.First 5-1 then 3-1 when dry.
Used the 2 part ultra level as thought latex would be better for keying to the panels.
Then went over with Ditra.
The heating after 2 weeks is gradually been brought up and the heating had been on before instalation as the plumber has to check the systems fine for him.
Fingers crossed
Kev

K

kaharrison9

SAM_0274.JPG SAM_0279.JPG

Couple of pics here shame i didn't take from day one.
To another question i used an S1 for the ditra(6mm trowel) and the tiles.

Hi Phil.
Have just recently tiled just under 70sm of porcelain on the polypipe overlay system.
Polypipe simply say tile directly on top which i've now rang them on 3 seperate occasions over 2 years asking if technically there was anybody to speak to about this advice. Problem i had was trying to explain the possible failures that could occur going direct when the plumber is reciting Polypipes advice of going direct to the customer.
Anyway i screwed it all down rather than leaving it floating.Also screwed the black ends that the pipes turn in as thats where the most movement i found was.Used turbogold as pulls everything tight.
Then checked with polypipe and the panels are gypsum so have to to be primed correctly.
Spoke to the Ultra rep and asked if it should be treated as an annhydrite screed and he's advice was bear it in mind but as it wasn't a screed to give a good vaccum then prime with ultra it fp.First 5-1 then 3-1 when dry.
Used the 2 part ultra level as thought latex would be better for keying to the panels.
Then went over with Ditra.
The heating after 2 weeks is gradually been brought up and the heating had been on before instalation as the plumber has to check the systems fine for him.
Fingers crossed
Kev

Kev mate

You forgot to mention ringing me forty times or more to bend my ear over the latest advice you had got !!!!!! Ha Ha

Job looks mint my friend

Rob

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Polypipe ufh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, hoping for some advice.... Had a anhydrite screed laid early Feb. Looking at laying 20mm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
We're quoting to rip up and replace a tiled floor with Limestone tiles. I'm looking for advice...
Replies
Views
I'm a total tiling beginner having my kitchen/diner redone by builders. The dining area has a...
Replies
Views
Hi Newbie here (DIY - small jobs only!) Need to get a pro in to do a floor (35m2 or so...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Polypipe ufh
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.