Discuss pool job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TT Tiling

hi all ,just got back from looking at a pool thats in a big state of repair
it is a mosaic pool with lots of the tiles falling off from everywhere ,they have asked me to give them a price on the re-tile and a day rate to make good
as we all know your never know how long it will take to clean them all off and make good ,
wots the best way to get them off ,or is it just good old lump hammer and bolster then plaster and make good to walls floors
all so where is the best place to buy the mosaic tiles from and the best grout to use ,
any help on this one would be great :thumbsup:

T

TT Tiling

the pool is about 10 years old , and about 4 years ago they had a prob with a leak ,they got a so called pool company in to make good and they did , its an out side pool with no cover , they leave it as it is till about may every year the clean and heat the water for the summer , looking at the pool it looks like just the tiles are coming off but you can never tell till you take off , the pool walls are about 12" thick and its all pokered concrete ,same as the base im told ,and it looks ;like the tiles fit wall to wall with not much cutting , not sure on the bottom of the pool as the water is a bit green at the mo , its not like i need the work but feel its something i want to do , been looking at the price of the tiles and wow ,big money

D

DHTiling

good one dave , its got to be a good job for some one with the right know how ,they want the job done , cant get over how negative every ones being ,dont mean that in a negative way ,but you dont fill in every pool that need re-tiling
how would be the person to take the job on ????

It is not a case of the right job for the right person.. you need to find out if the pool can be emptied and why this has happened.. simple as that really.. there is always a reason for a failure and if it has failed 4 yrs after the last rectification then imo there is a problem..

Reply to pool job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Can I trouble some experts in here for some advice on laying pavers on a concrete pool surround...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
pool job
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.