UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss poor substrate in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

saintdom

hello folks

just started my second job today , stripping a kitchen head to toe in rank 70s tile, then putting in a splashback. Problem was there were 3 different substrates behind said tiles, plaster, render and some god awfull white stuff which was a pain in the ***.

Question is if i was to reboard would it be stong enough to fix the new kitchen cupboards too.I want to fix with screws but just cant guarantee what is behind. but have a feeling Dot and dab will not create enough strength.

On the other hand i could hardwall plaster existing walls then multi finish. I need a decent finish to paint areas that were covered in tile.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

dom:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to poor substrate in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm part re-tiling/plastering a bathroom, which as the pictures show, has masonary to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm redoing my bathroom that I did 15 odd years ago. Before it was tiled with 20x20...
Replies
Views
I will have a bath in the corner with a shower over. Most water will go in the bath but the...
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, I am after some honest advice regarding a job I done a few weeks ago for which I haven't...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.