Discuss porcelain drilling!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

shep

ive had it with drilling porcelain, those poxy drill bits are fine for two holes, then just grind flat, ive tried everything, some jobs i have about 30 rawjplug holes to drill, even tried making nicks in the tiles with wetcut, seems the smaller the hole the harder to drill, seems easier drilling thru the joint using red plugs
,started sticking basins furniture etc with silicon, also using water cooled drills are useless cos the suction cup wont stick to a textured tile will it. any tips or sympathy, thanks.

Reply to porcelain drilling!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

right lately ive been drilling harder and harder tiles (size wise im talking 6-10mm for now) on...
2 3
Replies
Views
Q
    • Winner
    • Informative
So I was recently asked to fit some 3m x 1.5m 6mm thin porcelain in a new tile showroom. Mapei &...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
G
Can anybody recommend drill bits for a porcelain tile? I’m looking to drill around 10 x 6mm...
Replies
Views
GaryM
G
S
Hi forum ! I have just had my bathroom tiled in porcelain tiles and need advice on which drills...
Replies
Views
shiftspark
S
hi all, Looking for some advice please. Do any of you pro’s carry/use repair kits? If so...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
porcelain drilling!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.