Discuss Porcelain floor tiles 600x600 in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

S

Shroptile

I have recently laid (10 days ago) 20sqm of 600x600 polished porcelain floor tiles from B&Q using their Cerafix powdered floor tile adhesive for concrete floors. I now realise that the adesive may not have been the most appropriate type to use for porcelain and I am worried that it will fail at some point in the near future and the tiles will start to come away from the adhesive. The tiles are laid in a conservatory onto concrete.

At the moment the job seems ok, (level, no voids etc), the tiles seem well bonded and no problems at the moment. I did take a few tiles back up the day after laying (chiseled out and relayed) because they either hadn't been pressed down enough or had voids.

Am I worrying over nothing or can I expect problems?

G

grumpygrouter

My personal thougts are that as it is a conservatory, then I would have prob suggested the use of a decoupling membrane as temperatures in a conservatory can vary wildly, and so, therfore can expansion/cpnctraction of your tiled surface. I am not familiar with your B&Q adhesive, but if it is flexible it should be ok. You should also have used a flexy grout!

Just had a nosy at the spec from the B&Q site. Doesn't say anything about it being flexible so you may end up with problems....sorry!!

S

Shroptile

Thanks for your reply Grumpy, not what I wanted to hear though.

B&Q must sell lots of these and I hoped someone may have had experience using this combination before and got a fit for purpose job even though they had not used the ideal/optimum products. Most of the flexi adhesive advice seems to be around bathroom floors as opposed to concrete. Up to now these porcelain tiles seem pretty well routed to my concrete floor but I guess time will tell.

How long do you reckon I have got before it starts to fall apart, weeks, months or years?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Porcelain floor tiles 600x600 in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB