Discuss Porcelain floor tiles in hotel? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlieorrin

ive just picked up a job renewing 70 bathroom floors in hotel, and they want me to supply the tiles.
They are on a tight budget so ive shopped about and picked up a few differant samples for them to look at, mainly porcelain but a couple of ceramics.

Was wondering what the building regulatons are after being told in topps that im 'not allowed' to put ceramic down in any commercial application.. is this true?

Im gonna go with porcelain just to be on the safe side.

:ba

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Building Regulations do not have the power to say you cannot use a particular material. If you can demonstrate that the materials you use meet the requirements of the regulations then you can use them. I am constantly asked does anhydrite screed meet Building Regulations........it is a silly question really. If it was used as a structural ring beam to support a roof it would not work and the building would then not meet the regulations (Part A). However if it is used as it is designed to be used i.e. a levelling screed it is perfectly acceptable. It is not about what the materials are but how they are used.

you gotta love topps though eh! bless em :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Porcelain floor tiles in hotel? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
10 minutes ago Add bookmark #1 Which mapei adhesive ( it's convenient for me to buy this...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just after a bit of advice please. I had my kitchen floor tiled last week (porcelain...
Replies
Views
Hi all again. I'm trying to prep my concrete floor for porcelain tiles. It's just a small 1.5m...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB